Thank you to all of our new and returning listeners for hanging out with us today! Here are links to things that we talked about in the show. If we missed something, please let us know!
On Our Needles/Bobbins:
Brittany’s Windschief Hat
Brittany’s Tadpole Socks
Dana’s Garter Yoke Cardigan
Dana’s Broken Rib Socks
(Brittany mentions the Turn A Square Hat)
Dana’s Amazonia handspun
Dana’s Fringe Element handspun
Dana’s Bryce Canyon top
Our Finished Objects:
Brittany’s Crooked Paths
Brittany’s Another Boy Hat
Dana’s Papaw’s Christmas Socks
Dana’s Elias’s Hippo
New In The Queue:
If I Was A Rich Girl:
- will start January 9, will end on February 6
- use your pattern and yarn of choice (no miniatures/ornaments please!!)
- a great opportunity to try a new technique, or even to try knitting socks for the first time!
- if you finish by midnight February 6, you’ll be entered into the drawing to win one of two (maybe more than two?) prizes via the Random Number Generator!
- a preview of the handspun Dana is giving away as a prize:
- Brittany is using the Falling Snow Stocking pattern for her stocking, and Dana is using the Royal Christmas pattern (and mentions the Royal Winter pattern)
- Some patterns that we like (this and this are the links to the searches we used, in case you don’t want to click on all of these links!): Snowflake Christmas Stocking, Snowkissed Heirloom Christmas Stocking, Cabled Christmas Heirloom Stocking, Hanna’s Stocking, Cascade Christmas Stocking, Drifting Snowflake Stocking, Christmas Stocking, Burgundy Christmas Stocking, Classic Christmas Stocking, Knitted Christmas Stocking, Christmas Snowflake Stockings, Spindleknitter’s Stockings
- Christmas Stocking KAL/Contest Chatter Thread
- Christmas Stocking KAL/Contest FO Thread
Our Goals For 2011:
Brittany: more sweaters!, learn to knit entrelac (Basic Entrelac Scarf), more yardage used up than brought into the stash, make something from handspun, make at least 6 pairs of socks (using her self-imposed sock club)
Dana: more socks and sweaters!, take on more challenging projects instead of just quick-knit things (mentions Mason-Dixon Knitting book and blog), knit down more of the stash and stop buying yarn without a purpose in mind, at least 90% of projects made from the stash (KnitMeter – a neat gadget to help you keep track of your knitting/spinning mileage), wants to stop filling up all of those recently freed-up needles!
A last note:
To give a great, no-cost gift to your favorite podcasters (not just us, of course!), please consider leaving an iTunes review or star rating to help them pop up in knitting podcast searches. It helps those of us who podcast know that we are putting quality entertainment for you, and it makes us feel really special! Thank you in advance!!
Thank you guys so much for joining us, and we look forward to putting our next episode up around New Years! We hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
Brittany & Dana