Episode 19: Say Yes To The Dress!
Thanks so much for joining us for Episode 19! If you’re a new listener, welcome! And of course, if you’re a returning listener, thanks for hanging out with us again! In this episode, we share some very exciting news (Dana’s engaged!), have a lot of fun during our Craft-a-Palooza Part 3, review Twist Collective Fall ’11, and review Interweave Weekend ’11. We welcome your comments, and hope you’ll come over to our Ravelry group and say hi!
Hello and Welcome to the 19th episode of Just One More Row! Today’s episode is brought to you by Cakewalk Yarns. Cakewalk Yarns – Delicious Hand Dyed Yarn Treats. Cakewalk Yarns carries premium merino yarns; ranging from lace weight to aran. Our yarns are hand painted in a rainbow of variegated and tonal colorways – and our house specialty – speckled sock yarns. During August, Just One More Row listeners will receive a 10% discount by using the coupon code (all caps!) JOMR10 during checkout.
Cakewalk Yarns hand-dyed yarns and patterns are sold exclusively on Etsy.com.
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Stripey Tomato, No Purl Monkeys, Scrappy Scarf, silk hankies from Moonwood Farm on the Suzie, Santa Fe shimmer batts from Corgi Hill Farm on my Little Gem II, Spunky Eclectic Merino/Yak on Bosworth Midi, Undyed Swirl BFL on Neal Brand Tibetan (mentions Spindolyn spindles and the book Never Knit Your Man a Sweater (Unless You’ve Got the Ring))
Brittany: Sheep to Shoe socks, Sock Monkey Socks, Buttercup, BFL by Gale’s Art, (mentions Herringbone Cowl, Linen Stitch Scarf, and Sock Yarn Blanket)
(if you happen to want to make friendship bracelets like we did, here is a great tutorial!)
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: YarnieAnonymous’s Pampered Fluff Club (batts with cashmere, tibetan yak, baby camel, and paco vicuna!!!)- $100 for 4 months on Etsy (Brittany mentions the Breed Sampler Box from The Spinning Loft)
Brittany: The Best of Knitscene: A Collection of Simple, Stylish, and Spiritedby Lisa Shroyer (November 1 release, available for preorder on Amazon)
Review: Interweave Weekend 2011
This is the largest Weekend ever- 33 projects! The article about using office supplies for knitting notions is pretty awesome- we liked that a lot. (mentions No Sheep for You, the book the Tomato sweater is in) A note on blocking: these mats from Target are cheaper than most blocking mats and are really huge- great for any size project that you need to block. The scarf-tying article is awesome- and very useful!! Patterns Dana likes: Diana’s Cardigan, Gansey Legwarmers, Mixt Cowl, Seabreeze Cowl, Purl Stripe Cardigan, Elm Street Socks, Matthew’s Yoke Pullover, 8000 Feet Hoodie,(mentions Pembroke Vest), Twisted-Stitch Stockings.
(Dana mentions buying a Namaste Zuma bag in Peacock from The Loopy Ewe! She also got some Opal Rainforest sock yarn and some Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn in Kingfisher- they now have 400 yard skeins!)
- You have until August 27 to finish your summer sweaters to be entered in for a prize! Please post a picture of your finished sweater on the KAL FO thread on our Ravelry board by the early morning of August 28 in order to be entered for a prize! Please remember to keep all chatter to the KAL chatter thread. Thanks for participating!
- The Half-Year Resolutions contest has been extended; we’re going to do the drawing on August 28 when we draw for the Summer Sweater Knitalong contest. Just post a comment in this threadon the Ravelry group or on the Episode 18 blog post by midnight on August 27 to get a chance to win! (one entry per person, please!) Here is the prize yarn for the drawing:
- SAFF is October 21-23 in Asheville NC. Signups for classes are still open if you want to take one- not all of them are full! We’re probably going to do a meetup on Saturday afternoon, so let us know if you’re going to be there! We’re also going to be at the SAFF Party at the Mountain Inn & Suites on Friday night from 7-10… we hope to see you there!
- Fiber in the ‘Boro is October 29 in Murfreesboro TN- and Dana is vending!
- Thank you to those of you that have left us iTunes reviews! If you haven’t left one yet, we always appreciate them because they help us pop up in search results!
Dana on Ravelry: craftygirl83
Brittany on Ravelry: brittanylaine
Our group on Ravelry: Just One More Row Podcast Fans
Email us: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @justonemorerow