Episode 38: Shame Fiber and the Basket of Lies
Hello and Welcome to Episode 38 of JOMR! This episode, JOMR is proud to be sponsored by Dyeabolical.
Dyeabolical is owned by Rachel Kluesner, an indie dyer based in St. Louis, MO. Rachel works hard in her home-based studio to bring you a variety of hand dyed supplies for all your crafting needs. Rachel specializes in hand dyed sock yarns and spinning fibers, and she also dyes felting wool, cotton yarns, fabric, and offers a club. She also carries silk embroidery ribbon, felting and spinning add-ins, and reversible project bags. Please visit our store at www.dyeabolical.com. Rachel updates Friday at noon and accepts requests for special orders. Happy Knitting!
Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival:
Dana: gradients from FiberOptic, fiber from YarnGeek, Twist & Knit by Miriam Felton, tshirt, supported spindle bowl
Brittany: gradients from FiberOptic, a few skeins of sock yarn (Miss Babs and Cobblestone Creek Farm), a skein of Malabrigo Arroyo from ReBelle, and a tshirt
Dana: Better Late Than Never socks, Baby Washcloth for Jessica, Loop Batt- Meadow (nplied 654yds), Green Merino (nply, 164yds aran weight), Beloved Bard BeeMiceElf merino (nply, 270yds aran weight)
Brittany: Gale’s Art Corriedale (8 oz, 350 yards)
New in the Queue:
Dana: Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl KAL by Wendy Johnson ($2 on Ravelry til July 17, then $5)
Brittany: Seas Shawl by Suzy Crancer (free pattern on Ravelry)
Discussion: HansenCrafts miniSpinner Review
With HansenCrafts Flyer: maple $725/cherry $745 (exotics ^), With WooleeWinder: maple $875/cherry $895 (exotics ^)
All miniSpinners include a 100-240 VAC universal 12 volt power supply, foot switch, 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter, orifice threader, and tote bag.
The miniSpinner group on Ravelry
- Sarah of AnotherCraftyGirl and Dana of Unwind Yarn Company have teamed up to create 2CraftyGirls, a fantastic new yarn club! The theme for the club is “John Hughes Movie Night”, and the club colorways could come from any of the iconic 80s “Brat Pack” movies- the exact movies will be a surprise! There will be 30 spots available in this exclusive club, and it will run for July and August of this year. 28 spots will be available through a lottery, and 2 spots will be given away as podcast prizes: one on JOMR and one on The Knit Girllls. Spots will be $52 US, $60 international. There is a thread in the 2CraftyGirls group on Ravelry; if you’d like to put your name in the hat for a spot, click on the link in the first post and fill out the Google form. Signups will close at midnight CST June 15, and you will be invoiced by June 20. You must pay by June 30 or your spot will be given to the next person in line. Club shipments will be sent out on the third Friday of July (20th) and the third Friday of August (17th). We’d love it if you’d try to join us! It’s going to be so much fun!
- SSK (Super Summer KnitTogether)- June 30 in Nashville TN. The vendor market will be open to the public at 2pmCST, for a $5 entry fee. Please come out and support Dana! And if you are attending and intend to buy something from Dana’s booth, posting in this thread on her shop’s Ravelry group will really help her to plan for her booth. (this also applies to the shawl kits that go with Laura Linneman’s new shawl pattern By The Sea. Thank you!!!)
- Thanks again to our sponsor Dyeabolical!
- Contest winner for Erin.Lane bucket bag: zoohouse10. Congratulations! (we had 66 entries! thanks so much, guys!)
- Thanks so much for our two new iTunes reviews, and the new star reviews! We appreciate them so much!!