Episode 44: Cute Overload
Thank you for joining us for Episode 44! In this episode, we talk about what’s on our needles and bobbins, FOs, new in the queue, if I was a rich girl, and a discussion about gift knitting for the holidays!
At Everything Old, we love colour! From our juicy layered semi-solids and brilliant hand-paints to our eye-catching tie-dyes and the occasional self-striping; we are inspired by everything from video games to the natural splendour of our home in beautiful British Columbia. Find our fantastic colours on spinning fibre and luxurious yarn bases ranging from lace to Aran weight! At Everything Old you can also find fantastic handmade project bags and original patterns. We have everything you need to get your fibre fix!
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana: Candy Corn Socks, Pedestrian Crossing Cowl, Wanda Nell Cardigan, AlohaBlu Pretzels & Beer Shetland on Suzie, BME Under The Sea Superwash Merino on miniSpinner
Brittany: Desert Vista Dyeworks “Happy Birthday Cupcake” self striping socks, candy stripe raglan
Dana: Gravity Socks, Harmony Wools Alpacas Alpaca/Silk 2ply (231yds), TheFirstDraft Peruvian Wool “It Begins At Your Feet” nply- 110yds
Brittany: Lollipop Yarns “Just Chillin’” self striping socks
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: Something from Erikaerin (shop on Etsy)- esp a journal and one of the mixed-media wall art pieces!
Brittany: Chiao Goo interchangeable needles
Discussion: Gift Knitting Books and Patterns We Love
Dana: Knits to Give by Debbie Bliss (Covered Bangles, Hot Water Bottle Cover), One Skein by Leigh Radford (Cabled Footies), 55 Christmas Balls to Knit by Arne & Carlos, Slipper Sox by Linda Kochefko, MochiMochi Snowmen by Anna Hrachovec, Ornamental Mini Sweater by Khris Rogers, Emergency Yarn Ornaments by Mel
Brittany: gifts I’ve given: mainly hats (turn a square, the boy hat), plain socks, christmas ornaments
- Winner of the Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks Princess Peach yarn: #24 out of 98 entries: lakchi! Please contact Dana with your address!
- KAL is still going strong! Thanks to all who are participating and those who have already turned in FOs!
- SSK 2013! Dana is vending again!
- Lottery signups for the second round of the 2 Crafty Girls club have begun! Please visit the signup thread on Ravelry, and click the link to fill out the form to enter the lottery! The club runs October-January, with Oct/Dec shipments from Sarah of AnotherCraftyGirl and Nov/Jan shipments from Dana of Unwind Yarn Company. The price is $116 for US customers and $132 for International customers, and the price includes first class shipping for all 4 shipments and swag in 2 shipments. Signups are only open til September 12 at midnight CT, so if you want to enter the lottery, you’d better go sign up soon! Thanks so much for your support!
- Thanks so much to EverythingOld for sponsoring this month!
- iTunes reviews are much appreciated!