Episode 51: Christmas Crazies
Thank you for joining us for episode 51 of Just One More Row! This episode is sponsored by AnotherCraftyGirl.
Another Crafty Girl is a one-girl operation, dyeing up variegated, overdyed and tonal yarns. ACG’s colorways are based on things she loves, whether it’s a video game, TV show, movie, or something from nature. She boils that love down into a colorway through a series of super-secret processes, sometimes involving crayons. She then uses more super-secret skills to apply it to her favorite yarn bases which are all lovely and range from sock to worsted weight. Her super-secret processes preserve some of the love and automagically infuse a bit of it into every skein. She updates her shop on (almost every) Monday at anothercraftygirl.etsy.com and new colorways are created monthly.
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Rosie Future Stripey Socks, Coffee with Karrie, Wildflower Monkeys, Ka’ana, Newborn Owlie Hat, Three Feet of Sheep on Hansen (finally getting back to it!), Bridget the Magnificent sock roving on the Suzie
Brittany: Chris’s Stocking, Mom’s Christmas Socks, loop batt
Dana: Noble Cowl, O Christmas Tree Ornaments, Sweets for My Mom, Sparkly One Row Scarf, Pint Sized Pines, Little Stars, Handspun Mitten Garland, Goldberry 2ply, Santa Fe Art Yarn, Harmony Wools Alpacas 2ply
Brittany: Ruche Beret
New In The Queue:
Dana: Dovetail Cowl by Carina Spencer ($5 Rav download), Cloudy Fall by Bonnie Jiang ($5 Rav download), Shallows by Bonnie Sennott ($5 Rav download or get the eBook for $8, which has a mitts pattern that matches)
Brittany: Zuzu’s Petals and Dovetail Cowl by Carina Spencer ($5 Rav downloads)
Dana’s 2012 Goals:
- 12,000 yards knit in 2012
- so far, 12600yds, will probably hit 13500-14000 by the end of the month
- socks, finish sweater wips
- 13 pairs of socks for the year (including 2 single socks as a pair… shop samples!) may hit 14 if I finish my Rosie Futures… no sweaters were finished this year (YET- I’m trying for Acer by Dec 31!) (8 pair for me, 2 pair for Chris, 2 pair for Mom, 2 individual socks)
- spinning goals: no buying spinning fiber until Middle TN Fiber Festival in May! (w/ the exception of my 2 fiber clubs) spin from stash!
- I managed til my birthday, but then didn’t buy any more fiber til Kentucky (we didn’t go to Middle TN). I have spun 11600yds this year (not counting yarn that is almost done), will hopefully hit 13000yds by the end of the month.
Brittany’s 2012 Goals:
- Finish Candy Stripe Raglan, Linen Stitch Scarf, and Herringbone Cowl
- I only finished the Herringbone Cowl. :(
- Knit 2 more sweaters
- Nope. I started a few but they never worked out.
- Knit at least 6 pairs of socks (more complicated, not all just stockinette)
- Definitely did this! 11 pairs, counting mom’s christmas socks
- Knit 12,000 yards in 2012
- HAHAHA nope.
- Spinning goals: try for 8 oz a month
- Didn’t happen, but I’m happy with my spinning this year.
- Thank you so much to Sarah of AnotherCraftyGirl for sponsoring!
- This month’s contest: Sarah would like to know what your preferred size is for miniskeins, and if you would prefer individual skeins or sets based on a theme, or maybe even a new idea that you have. Leave a message in the episode thread, and we’ll draw 2 winners by RNG on 12/29. The prizes are: Jemaine on Strong Sock and Kris Kringle on Merino Worsted. You must be a member of the Ravelry group to win!
- Signups for Round 3 of the 2 Crafty Girls yarn club will be opening the first week of January. The new theme will be “Art History” for 2013, and the club will run in 2 month rounds. Every round will be a lottery sign up. Be sure to check out the group for more information, as we’ll be posting a lot more about it in the next 2 weeks!
- The greatest gift you could give us this year is awesome iTunes reviews, and other podcasters would appreciate them too! They don’t cost anything and will help us pop up in searches for knitting podcasts!