Episode 70: Impending FO
Thanks for joining us for Episode 70 of JOMR! This month we’re proud to be sponsored by Unwind Yarn Company.
Unwind Yarn Company has always prided itself on fantastic customer service, a great product, and reasonable prices. We are proud to announce that we are continuing that tradition at our new storefront, unwindyarncompany.com! It is now easier than ever to shop your favorite colorways, yarn and fiber bases, and place custom orders for sweater quantities of yarn or fiber. Dying to see our products in person? Be sure to stop by booth #13 in the sales barn at the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair on October 25-27 in Asheville NC and “squish the pretties” to your heart’s content!
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Que Sera, Caliper for Chris, Link Stripeys for Chris,Log Cabin Wallhanging, Hobbledehoy battlings on charkha, badly felted cormo pencil roving bought at MDSW on Hansen, BFL/Silk/Cashmere from HilltopCloud on Hansen
Brittany: Amity Island socks from Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks, Southmoor Hat by Fiddle Knits (Erica Jackofsky) using The Knitting Boutique Severn. Starting “ghoulish” on UYC Polwarth silk.
Review: Cascadia by Amanda Milne and Fiona McLean ($16.95 Ravelry download)
* we love pretty much every single pattern!
* want to win a copy of the book? Be sure to listen to the episode to find out how!
* Unique Feet e-book giveaway- 2-84 Winner: 35 JamieRoseKnits! Congrats Jamie and thank you to everyone who entered!
* Signups for Round 6 of the 2 Crafty Girls Yarn Club are now open! This round will run November and December 2013. There are 40 spots available, and spots will be selected via RNG. US memberships are $55.50 and international memberships are $74, and that includes 2 skeins of 80% superwash merino/20% nylon 400yd/100g sock yarn, two inspirational artwork postcards, and shipping. Signups run through October 14.
* We will be having a meetup at SAFF in the Unwind Yarn Company booth (#13 in the sales barn) from 12:30-1:15 on Saturday. Any other podcasters who would like to participate are welcome to come (please email us and let us know you’re going to be there though, so we can mention you in the next episode!). Mandikat from We Are Yarn will be there, and we hope that other podcasters will join us too. Be sure to stop by if you can!
* Preorders for Just One More Row project bags from Tangerine Designs will be available starting October 5. There will be 20 bags available to start with, exclusive JOMR fabric designed by Beck Gusler with cute lining fabric (Casey’s choice). Preorders go up at 7pmCT in Tangerine Designs shop on Etsy. (tangerine8.etsy.com) The bags will be shipped by the end of October.