Episode 79: Hot Water Bottle Evangelist
Thank you for joining us for Episode 79 of Just One More Row! This month we are proud to be sponsored by Quaere Fibre.
Quaere Fibre, an ever evolving exploration of color. Our mission is to create distinctive, high quality yarn exploring the full range and depth of color while providing people centric service. All of our yarn is hand dyed on a variety of high twist base yarns to show off your stitches. With a line including mostly solids, variegateds, and self-striping yarns there’s something for everyone. Quaere Fibre, knit in color. You can find Quaere Fibre at quaere.etsy.com.
Dana: Elk Tooth, Hobbledehoy Battling skeins: nply 58yds, cotton plied 105yds
Just One More Craft:
Dana: finished Chris’s cross stitch with 3 days to spare! (Star Trek TOS from WeeLittleStitches on Etsy).
Stash Stories: What is your hard-to-get “Holy Grail” yarn or fiber that you’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t been able to get your hands on?
Dana: Skein (Kaffir Lime, Opaque), Sundara, Wollmeise DK
Brittany: The Plucky Knitter
Hard to get yarns/fibers that are worth it: Kirbywirby, Lollipop, Fab Funky Fibres, Trailing Clouds (appears to be out of business), Alaskan Nancy, BeeMiceElf, Into The Whirled
Clean Slate Challenge:
* we will lock the FO thread on the 5th of March at midnight ET so you have until then to update your post with all of your pictures and your yardage (your projects must have the knitting/crochet/spinning done by midnight on 2/28 in order to count!!). Once again, you MUST put the cumulative yardage on your post at the BOTTOM. If you don’t do this, we won’t enter you for prizes since we have a LOT of entrants and don’t have the time to add everything up for you.
* Quaere contest: what is your favorite Quaere colorway? Visit quaere.etsy.com or her Ravelry yarnie page to see all of them! You have until Feb 26 at midnight ET to enter, and the usual contest rules apply.
* Dana is having a KAL for a new pattern release! Karalee Harding (KSH Designs) has designed a beautiful cowl pattern for Dana’s Birth of Venus colorway (2CG Club Feb 2013), in both fingering and DK weight. Both versions only take one skein, so this is the perfect quick-knit project! Dana has Birth of Venus available in her shop for preorder on Journey Sock ($24), Touring DK ($24) (all plus shipping) so that you can make the cowl in the shown yarn, and it will also be offered on Luxe Sock ($29) for those of you who love cashmere bases. There will be a limit of 40 skeins of each type available, so when the preorders are sold out, it won’t be offered again as a custom order for a while; all preorders will end on March 1 regardless of whether all available skeins have sold. Please check out the shop listings at unwindyarncompany.com for all details on the preorders. The KAL will be hosted in Dana’s Unwind Yarn Company group on Ravelry. The pattern is available for purchase here. Karalee and Dana hope you’ll join them for this KAL!
* Dana and Susan Claudino have collaborated to bring you the Bonnie Wee Mouse pattern! This pattern features Dana’s Touring DK in “Bonnie Wee Thing”, a brand new colorway! You can place a custom order for the yarn by filling out the form here.
* Dana is not vending SAFF.
* We’re going to Camp Pluckyfluff in Asheville March 22-23!