Episode 28: Champagne Supernova
Hello and welcome to the 28th episode of Just One More Row! In this episode, we talk about what we got for Christmas, what’s on our needles and bobbins, FOs, New in the Queue, and then we have a discussion on our knitting goals for 2012 and what we learned in 2011. Thanks for listening!
This month Just One More Row is sponsored by Unplanned Peacock Studio!
Unplanned Peacock Studio is a small dyeing company located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Knitters and spinners love our top quality merino, cashmere, bamboo, and silk yarn and fiber. Any of our products can be dyed in all of our unique and artistic colorways. If you have a special request, such as matching a wedding gown or your favorite cat, Natasha will dye a custom colorway just for you. Visit us on our website, unplannedpeacock.com or join our Facebook and Ravelry pages for the latest updates.
Dana: The Intentional Spinner w/DVD, The Knitter’s Book of Socks and The Knitter’s Book of Yarn, Gigglejelly fiber
Brittany: Jumbo Flyer kit for Sonata, CloudLover fiber club for Dec, Jan, and Feb
from Dana: Unwind Yarn Company Cheviot fiber in “Patina”, Chiaogoo needles for sock knitting, Karatstix needle sizer and mini ruler, Parseltongue hat (mentions Twinklsparklshine, the wife of Bristlecone Artisan Heirlooms– maker of Twindles and Glindles!)
Dana: Deck The Halls socks (Afterthought Heel Tutorial by The Knit Girllls), Burburry-Inspired Cowl, Toasty Handspun Mitts, Lake Lure stockinette socks
Brittany: Gamer Stripe Socks
Dana: Dad’s Slipper Socks
Brittany:Sooper Seekrit spinning project (we’ll reveal it next time!)
Dana: Easy Basic Mitten 105 by Michelle Porter (free, recommended by BethanyH)
Brittany: Ridge and Furrow Scarf by Sue Grandfield(free)
Discussion: Our 2012 Knitting Goals
- 12,000 yards knit in 2012
- socks, finish sweater wips
- spinning goals: no buying spinning fiber until Middle TN Fiber Festival in May! (w/ the exception of my 2 fiber clubs) spin from stash!
How AdyBee spun her entire stash down in 2011:
“I went through everything. Decided what to destash, what to keep. Then I put stuff in my 1st tier spinning pile. I have IKEA cubes that I use to delineate & prioritize my stash, one for spinning, knitting, weaving etc. And then I watched lots of videos of various techniques I hadn’t tried and then picked out which ones to use with which stash items. I actually made it through my whole stash in less than 3 months. I kept trying new things, and because I had new and exciting plans for everything I didn’t suffer from my usual paralysis (“oh god, I can’t spin this, nothing is good enough for The Precious”).
- Finish Candy Stripe Raglan, Linen Stitch Scarf, and Herringbone Cowl
- Knit 2 more sweaters
- Knit at least 6 pairs of socks (more complicated, not all just stockinette)
- Knit 12,000 yards in 2012
- Spinning goals: try for 8 oz a month
Other Goals To Have:
– Cold sheeping (no buying yarn and/or fiber for a predetermined amount of time)
– Knit from your library
– Knit from your oldest stash (first in, first out)
– Knit for charity
– Finish Christmas knitting early
– Catalogue for Ravelry (makes it easier to queue, knit, and to destash)
– Self-imposed clubs (sweater, socks, hats, etc.)
- Winner of the Deerfield Creations spindle kit: krust, #41 out of 72 entries! Congrats! We’ll have Lori get in touch with you.
Dana on Ravelry: craftygirl83
Brittany on Ravelry: brittanylaine
Our group on Ravelry: Just One More Row Podcast Fans
Email us: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @justonemorerow