Episode 34: Widdy-Witha
Hi, and welcome to the 34th episode of Just One More Row! This episode’s segments include On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles, Finished Objects & Yarns, New In The Queue, If I Was A Rich Girl, a discussion about supporting indie dyers and where yarn/fiber prices come from, we answer 2 listener questions, and we have some announcements. We are running a contest through the middle of April, so be sure to listen to the episode to get the details! Thanks for listening, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Today’s episode is brought to you by KnittinK. What happens when you turn a spandex-loving comic book fan into a fiberista? KnittinK Comic Book + Geekery inspired yarn & fiber of course. Featuring handspun yarns, handdyed yarns in a myriad of bases & handdyed fiber, you name the flavor of geekery, and we’ve done it: Marvel, DC, Image, and Indie. We feature colorways inspired by Dr Who, Dr Seuss, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, and of course Harry Potter. You can find KnittinK yarns and fibers at http://www.dyeknittinkdye.com.
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Beach Baby Stripey Socks (KAL with thismomknits), Sugared Violets Shawl, Wanda Nell (KAL with -Patty-Cakes-), Owl Loop bullseye bump on MiniSpinner, Cauldron batt on Suzie, unnamed merino is still languishing on Sidekick
Brittany: Sock Yarn Blanket, Swirl BFL on my spindle, Storied Yarns Merino in Percy Jackson
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: got a Hansen MiniSpinner for her wedding gift from Chris!!! So she wants a battery pack so she can take it with her to places that don’t have electricity readily available.
Brittany: Vintage Knits: 30 Knitting Designs from Rowan(~$16.63 on Amazon.com)
Discussion: Support Your Favorite Indie Dyers! and… How Do Indies Price Their Wares?
We really appreciate your openmindedness and support, and look forward to hearing your input on this discussion!
Discussion: from the WDYWTHA thread!
How did we meet and become besties?
How many times do we wear our handknit socks without washing?
Listen for the answers to these pressing questions! 😉
- Contest Winner:
- New Contest: 2 skeins She-Hulk Bulky (181yds) in “Prefect’s Loo”.
- How can you win? Come up with a colorway for a comic book, graphic novel, or fantasy character and describe it on Episode 34’s Ravelry thread. On April 15 at 12pmCST, we’ll lock the thread and Adybee will pick her two favorites, and those two listeners will win a skein of the She-Hulk! And who knows, you might eventually see the colorway you designed up for sale in Knittink’s shop!
- May’s first episode: please send us your questions or discussion ideas, as we’re recording it ahead of time (Dana will be on her honeymoon).
- Cristi (turtlegirl76) pm’d us and told us about a release of her 2 new patterns for this Sunday! JOMR12 gets you 20% off of any pattern in her Ravelry pattern store for the rest of 2012. Thanks Cristi!
- Thanks so much for getting in touch over the last few weeks, and for the iTunes reviews and star ratings! They mean so much to both of us!