Episode 37: Kentucky Bound!
Hello and welcome to Episode 37 of Just One More Row! This month, Just One More Row podcast is proud to be sponsored by Erin.Lane Bags.
We are a mother daughter team that works by day and crafts by night and every other minute we can spare between bites of chocolate. We are the super-organizing squad that is dedicated to helping fiber artists get and stay organized.
At Erin.Lane we have designed our lines of organizational tools with the fiber artist in mind. Since we are knitters ourselves, we understand the addiction to all things fiber. We know the frustration of frogging a sweater and the elation of finishing your first pair of knitted socks. Keeping that in mind, we have designed our products to keep you organized with little effort, so you can keep crafting.
We have had many a moment at the sewing machine laughing until we cried. We want to share our passion for keeping the knitting and crochet enthusiast organized with our KnitPack needle cases and our line of bags and totes, so the world can be a warmer and more beautiful place.
In this episode, we talk about Dana’s wedding, what we’ve been working on, what we’ve finished, what we’ve queued, what we’re wishing for, a review of a really neat book, and a TON of announcements. We hope you guys enjoy the episode, and we look forward to your contest entries!
Dana got married, and everything went well! We both couldn’t have been more pleased with everything. Pics to come soon in a special thread on the Ravelry group!
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Honeymoon Socks, Sea Spray Shawlette, Wanda Nell, Meadow Loop bump on miniSpinner, Watercolor Rambouillet from Midnight Purls on miniSpinner, Carnivale mixed BFL from DyeabolicalYarns on Suzie
Brittany: V-Junkie socks, Candy Striped Raglan, Gale’s Art Corriedale
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: one or two more bobbins for the miniSpinner, quill and weaving bobbins for miniSpinner, orifice reducers for miniSpinner (you can see them all here, at the bottom of the page)
Brittany: HiyaHiya Interchangeable Sharps Small Interchangeable Set
Review: Vintage Knits: 30 Knitting Designs from Rowan for Women and Men (known on Ravelry as Rowan Vintage Knits)
- We will be at Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival this weekend! If you’re also attending and would like to meet up, please feel free to say something in the new Ravelry thread on the subject in our group. If there is enough interest, we will plan an official meetup for Saturday.
- Dana is pleased to announce that she and Sarah (ponkie) of Another Crafty Girl are teaming up to do a yarn club! It is called 2 Crafty Girls, and the theme and all of the details will be released on the new Ravelry group for the club, here. There will be 30 spots available for the club, and two will be given away as prizes, one on JOMR and one on The Knit Girllls podcast. The club will be for 2 months (this round), July and August, with Dana dyeing one month and Sarah dyeing the other month. The spots will be assigned via a lottery system. More details on that to come in the Ravelry group! Sarah and Dana hope you’ll consider joining the group and entering the lottery for a spot in the club, because they are so excited about it!
- We are not planning to have a Ravelympics team this year, or participate in the Ravelympics. Because we are both participating in the TdF, and because the past 2 Ravelympics have led to knitting burnout for both of us, we are electing not to join in this year. However, if you guys would like to start a thread and talk about your Ravelympics goals and knitting/spinning progress, we would be happy to see one and cheer you on!
- This episode’s contest: Erin.Lane bucket bag prize! What knitting, notions, or project bag is missing from your collection? When it comes to that “missing bag”, if you could design your own perfect bag to meet your needs, what would it be like? Be as descriptive as possible, and post your answer in the Episode 37 thread in the Ravelry group! You must be a member of the Ravelry group to win this prize. Thanks!
- Dana’s having a sale in her Unwind Yarn Company Etsy shop for the remainder of the month! Everything is 15% off, including sale items! Enter code MAY1215 to save on everything! Thanks so much for helping me clear out old stock and make room for new products and colors!
- We still have a few months of 2012 available for podcast sponsors, so if you own an indie company or produce knitting/spinning related goods or services, we would love to talk to you! Please email us at our podcast email, and we’ll give you all of the details!