Episode 46: Muppet Flail!
Hello, and welcome to episode 46 of Just One More Row! This episode is sponsored by Unwind Yarn Company.
At Unwind Yarn Company, we are obsessed with our new colorways! From our limited-edition Halloween 2012 colorways (Ghoulish, O Negative, Fanger, Transylvania Tramp, Halloweenie, and Moldy Pumpkin) to the newest additions to our regular line (Lilypad, Slytherin, Dirty Martini, Alpine, and Ladybug), we have a rainbow of choices for you to choose from! Be on the lookout for new fiber and yarn bases in the weeks to come, as well. If you’re heading to the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (also known as SAFF) the last weekend in October, be sure to stop by and visit us at our booth in the sales barn! For the month of October, all Just One More Row listeners can save 15% off their order by entering coupon code JOMR1012 in the coupon code box at checkout (the coupon is good for online sales only). You can find Unwind Yarn Company yarns at our Etsy shop, unwindyarncompany.etsy.com, and at select yarn stores.
Dana: Sand and Sea Shawlette, Mitt Envy Mitts, BME Under The Sea Superwash Merino (210yds nply dk weight), Loop Bump- Sicily (2 hanks, first: 150yds, second: 136yds, both sportweight)
Brittany: FiberOptic Gradient in Copper to Verdigris
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: a project bag from Bird Leg Bags; I have about 10 of them in my favorites on Etsy!
Brittany: Yarn vs Zombies self striping!
Rich Girl Update: Dana got the motorization kit for her Fancy Kitty drumcarder and it is AWESOME! (she mentioned this on a prior episode)
Discussion: What makes a pattern great for handspun?
– something that can tolerate a bit of a thick/thin yarn, something that can showcase (or at least not be detracted from) barberpole stripes, accessories, anything you want extra warmth, medium to heavy weight yarns required
Patterns for beginner spinners: PB&J Cowl (anything from Ennea Collective, actually), 198 Yds of Heaven, Holland Cowl, Gilet court d’été, Present cowl, Big Button Hat, Karen’s Swirly Legwarmers, Buttonhead hat, Mandelbrot, Spatwarmers
– Drawing for EverythingOld Contest (a ball of “Basket of Lies” self-striping yarn): 39- bobbilicious! Get in touch with Dana!
– Drawings for the SSKAL Contest: Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks Sassafras Self-Striping Sock in Amity Island (117- javajennie), skein of custom-dyed yarn from Friday Studios (116- stacyjo), A Needle Runs Through It tiny triangle froggie bag (128- spinnygonzales), Tangerine Designs sheepy needle gauge (40- thisrnknits), copy of Toe Up Garter Chevron Socks by spitfiresnc (27- lindse)- everybody please get in touch with Dana!
– Drawings for 1000-member-palooza: Winner’s choice of pattern from Luliriisi’s pattern store on Ravelry (147- Spindalicious), a set of stitchmarkers from EarDornment Etc (260- jmailj), a set of stitchmarkers from EarDornment Etc (395- txhippie), a skein of custom-dyed yarn from Yarn Vs Zombies in the winner’s choice of colorway (643- shereesa), a pattern download from Ravelry with a value of up to $7 (621- CastAwayCreation)- get in touch with Dana!, a pattern download from Ravelry with a value of up to $7 (37- wishfulknits)- get in touch with Brittany!
We’ll give you guys til 10/09 to get in contact with us before we send you an email to tell you that you’ve won. We don’t want to spoil any surprises unless we have to! (if you can though, email one of us ASAP if you hear your name called so we can get your prize out ASAP! Dana will be out of town 10/12-17 so if you get in touch with her after 10/11, your prize will not go out til she gets back. sorry!)
– Dana is vending SAFF! Please be sure to stop by her booth and say hi- she’s in the sales barn. Also, we plan to have a meetup, and will give details about that in our next episode.
– JOMR listeners still get 20% off any patterns from Turtlegirl7’s Ravelry store through the end of 2012: enter coupon code JOMR12 at Ravelry checkout to save!
– We’re going to have to record early for the mid-October episode because Dana is going to be out of town. Because we might not have as much to talk about knitting- and spinning-wise, we’d love to hear from you guys in our WDYWTHA thread so that we can give you an awesome episode! Be thinking of some questions, and post them in the thread on the group! Or, if you prefer, check out our Ravelry libraries and let us know which book you’d like us to review. Here’s a link to Brittany’s, and a link to Dana’s. We look forward to hearing from you!