Episode 47: Ready for SAFF!
Hello, and welcome to episode 47 of Just One More Row! This episode is sponsored by Unwind Yarn Company.
At Unwind Yarn Company, we are obsessed with our new colorways! From our limited-edition Halloween 2012 colorways (Ghoulish, O Negative, Fanger, Transylvania Tramp, Halloweenie, and Moldy Pumpkin) to the newest additions to our regular line (Lilypad, Slytherin, Dirty Martini, Alpine, and Ladybug), we have a rainbow of choices for you to choose from! Be on the lookout for new fiber and yarn bases in the weeks to come, as well. If you’re heading to the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (also known as SAFF) the last weekend in October, be sure to stop by and visit us at our booth in the sales barn! For the month of October, all Just One More Row listeners can save 15% off their order by entering coupon code JOMR1012 in the coupon code box at checkout (the coupon is good for online sales only). You can find Unwind Yarn Company yarns at our Etsy shop, unwindyarncompany.etsy.com, and at select yarn stores.
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana: Purl Bee Beret, Neely O’Hara Socks, Campus Jacket, Harmony Wools Alpacas Alpaca/Silk on Sidekick, UYC Moorit Shetland in Transylvania Tramp on Hansen
Brittany: By The Sea, Halloween Socks
If I Was A Rich Girl: SAFF Edition!
Dana: make it through in one piece. maybe some buttons to use on sweaters, if I can find some I like. Other than that… gotta be careful how much I buy, because I can’t sneak it home with the husband being there the whole time! 😉
Brittany: goat’s milk fudge! Fiber Charmer, Sheepish Creations, Knitty and Color, and whatever strikes my fancy!
Discussion: From WDYWTHA!
* What is our favorite Yarn Harlot book? (from Fromage) D: Knitting Rules, B: Secret Life of a Knitter
* What stitch dictionary do we recommend buying? (from RobinV) D: Barbara Walkers (Treasury 1 and Treasury 2 in particular)
* What do we do if our finished garment doesn’t fit? (from Ultimecia) Try It On Tubing
* How do we get self-striping socks to match? (from photoknitgal)
* How do we store our fibers, bobbins, etc.? (from anitat)
* How much fiber do we normally buy? Do we have a project in mind first? (from JaynefromMaine)
* More on our pets! (from Talvi)
* Meetups at SAFF: Friday at 3:00, Saturday at 11:00, both for an hour. Saturday’s meetup will be a multi-podcaster meetup… for more details, see our Ravelry group’s SAFF thread! We’ll announce more as we get everything nailed down with the other podcasters.
* Contest for this episode: post your favorite inspiration picture, and Dana just might dye a colorway based on it! There will be 2 winners, one picked by the RNG and one will be picked by Dana as her favorite. (no guarantee that the winning pictures will be made into colorways, though… some might not be feasible on yarn!) The prize for both winners will be a copy of picnicknits’ new shawl pattern designed for Dana’s Luxe sock yarn, due out by the end of the month! So exciting!!! The winners will be gifted the pattern by Dana. Put your picture entries into the contest thread titled: Episode 47 Contest: Inspiration Pictures. (Ravelry Wiki for how to insert pictures into a post, about a third of the way down the page)