Episode 50: WE’RE FIFTY!!!
Thank you for joining us for episode 50 of Just One More Row! This episode is sponsored by AnotherCraftyGirl.
Another Crafty Girl is a one-girl operation, dyeing up variegated, overdyed and tonal yarns. ACG’s colorways are based on things she loves, whether it’s a video game, TV show, movie, or something from nature. She boils that love down into a colorway through a series of super-secret processes, sometimes involving crayons. She then uses more super-secret skills to apply it to her favorite yarn bases which are all lovely and range from sock to worsted weight. Her super-secret processes preserve some of the love and automagically infuse a bit of it into every skein. She updates her shop on (almost every) Monday at anothercraftygirl.etsy.com and new colorways are created monthly.
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Noble Cowl, Chevron Love Mittens, Wildflower Monkeys, Ka’ana, Handspun Mitten Garland, O Christmas Tree Ornaments, sooper seekrit fiber on the Suzie
Brittany: Ruche Beret, Chris’s Stocking, Mom’s Christmas Socks, Loop batt
Holiday Rich Girl: Gifts Extravaganza!!!
What Dana would like to receive: patterns on my wishlist, fiber from my Etsy favorites, Knitter’s Pride Dreamz DPN set, HansenCrafts miniSpinner bobbin/quill set/maintenance kit/orifice reducers, gift certificate to The Loopy Ewe
What Brittany would like to receive: patterns on my wishlist, ChaioGoo Twist interchangeable needle set, Weekend Hats by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
Gift Ideas for Others by Category:
- Stocking Stuffers: Gleener, Lavishea Solid Lotion Bars, stitch markers (Jelby has new tiny felted sheep! Winemakers Sister has some beautiful ones too), knitting themed mugs (like this, this, and this), a new project bag (we REALLY love the ones from Tangerine Designs, Erin.Lane, Birdleg Bags, The Silver Pumpkin, GirlCave Bags…), shawl pin (this one is gorgeous!), scarf clip (Dana LOVES vintage ones like this one, this one and this one)
- Books: Cast On, Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor, The Principles of Knitting by June Hemmons Hiatt, Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman, The Fleece & Fiber Sourcebook by Deborah Robson & Carol Ekarius, Finishing School by Deborah Newton. Or, get a magazine subscription (or ask for one!) B had 2 years of IK for Christmas one year (and so did D).
- Giftable Patterns: quick knits like hats, mittens, ornaments- check their wishlist if they’re on Ravelry, and update yours if you are! Lots of people love to give patterns to their online knitting friends!
- Quick-Knit Ornaments and Decorations: Stjarna, MochiMochi Snowmen, Christmas Lights, Smitten Garland, Mini Sweaters, O Christmas Tree, Purled Christmas Tree, Snowball Buddies, Martha’s Star, Mini Mitten Ornaments
- Quick-Knit Gifts: Diamond Cowl, Pyramid Sachets, Gehry Hat, Bandana Cowl, Pedestrian Crossing Cowl, Grammy’s Mitts & Hat
- Prizewinner of the GnomeAcres gift package: #28, kelle0302! Congrats, and get in touch with Dana with your address!
- Thank you so much to Sarah of AnotherCraftyGirl for sponsoring!
- The greatest gift you could give us this year is awesome iTunes reviews, and other podcasters would appreciate them too! They don’t cost anything and will help us pop up in searches for knitting podcasts!