Episode 53: Codependent Knitters
Welcome to Episode 53 of Just One More Row! Thanks for listening!
Does your New Year’s resolution involve taking fiber related classes or attending a fiber festival? If so, DFW Fiber Fest has a wonderful line up of Nationally and Locally recognized teachers in knitting, spinning, crochet, and other fiber arts. Come take a class with Gwen Bortner, Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby of Shibaguyz Designz, Beth Smith from the Spinning Loft and lots of other wonderful instructors with classes for all levels of experience. Franklin Habit is our featured Friday night speaker and tickets for that event will go on sale in March. DFW Fiber Fest is held April 5-7, 2013 in Grapevine, TX. Sign up soon for best class selection! You can find our website at dfwfiberfest.org.
New In The Queue:
Dana: Downton Cowl by Shannon Cook ($4.95 Ravelry download), Lilac Wine by Amy Christoffers (free Ravelry download)
Brittany: Don’t Cage Me in Socks by Heather Kinney ($3 Ravelry download)
Discussion: What We Got For Christmas
Dana: I got a quill attachment, an additional bobbin, orifice reducers, and the maintenance kit for my Hansen. I also got the Canon T4i camera body (both for the shop and for personal use)- all from Chris. I got a matryoshka necklace, a pair of sheepy slippers, a sheepy ornament, some Cloudlover fiber, a Ravelry coffee mug, some Bond Girl nail polish, a little hollow treasure book, and a nail file from Brittany.
Brittany: UYC DK Merino/Silk (ooak!) in Evergreen, Corgi Hill Farms “Fall Greens” Merino/Tussah, knitting pattern vase and matching picture frame with picture of us knitting from the wedding, needle gauge from tangerine designs, lavishea lotion bar, duckie hat and duckie skein!
- Where do we get buttons for projects? (from Luliriisi) Joann’s, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Dana likes AskCheese, Supplies and Sundries, Chasing Fire Ceramics, and Buttons by Robin
- What are our personal favorite colorways? (from OhimeHana) Dana: Brew by Fleece Artist Death and Taxes by EverythingOld, Dark Water by Impulse of Delight Brittany: Elephant’s Daydream by Jitterbug, Beary Surprise by Impulse of Delight, Abalone by Unwind Yarn Company, Punky Brewster by Another Crafty Girl
- What is the difference between variegated and self-striping yarn, and how do they behave differently? What are gradients? What is the difference between tonal vs. solid yarns? (from MemphisHolli) Listen to the podcast for our answer! (it’s too long to type… sorry!)
- Thank you so much to our sponsor, DFW Fiber Fest! Please check out their website and consider going to the show, if you’re in the area or are looking for a great festival to travel to this year!
- Brown Bagging It KAL has started! There is a thread on the group if you want to post pictures or chat, and please tag your projects “bbkal2013”.
- Thank you for the iTunes reviews!!