Episode 59: Ramble On
Thank you for joining us for episode 59 of JOMR! This episode is brought to you by Fiber Addiction.
Fiber Addiction is run by Emily and specializes in hand-dyed yarns and fiber, notions, and blended batts. All items are crafted with a healthy dose of color, love, and crazy! Find these products at www.fiberaddiction.etsy.com Fiber Addiction: yarn and fiber for the colorfully insane!
Just One More Row podcast listeners can receive 20% off a $20 or greater order by entering the coupon code mentioned in the podcast at checkout.
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana: Angry Birds Stripey Socks, Anniversary Socks, Honeymoon Socks, CMF Targhee “Dust In The Wind” on Sidekick, nothing on Suzie, punis still on Hansen
Brittany: Feather and Fan Socks, Hitchhiker, River’s Edge Merino and Silk
New In The Queue:
Dana: not really new, but trying to decide between two sweaters… Every Last Yard and Vodka Lemonade. Which one should I knit? Vote in the poll on the episode thread to help me decide!! (or if you have another suggestion for a DK weight sweater that uses around 1100yds for a 38in bust, write it in the episode thread!)
Brittany: Springtime in Philadelphia (free Ravelry download)
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: MadTosh DK, Cephalopod Yarns Bugga in Hawaiian Bobtail Squid, Karbonz dpns US2, buttons, YarnPop Gadgety bag, Signature Needles US9 40”, CaffeinatedGert got me a matryoshka stitch marker
Brittany: Cephalopod Yarn Bugga in Frog Legged Leaf Beetle, Karbonz circulars US1.5 40”, buttons
Rambles (aka: Normal Conversation)
– Contest: We were given two awesome prizes by our sponsor, FiberAddiction! We have a lovely skein of Committed Aran Weight in “Sugar Skulls” (180yds/100g) and a set of 3 mini batts. For this contest, we’d like to know which one you’d prefer, and what you’d make with it. We will be picking one winner via RNG, and you’ll win the prize you mention in your post! We will have a contest thread for this episode. You must be a member of the group to win, and only Ravelry thread entries will be counted. You have until midnight CT on 4/28 to enter. Good luck!!
– Meetup at MDSW! It will be on Saturday at lunchtime, just not sure of exact time or place yet. We’ll post in our MDSW thread on the group when details are firmed up.
– TN Twister KAL with CaffeinatedKnitting! Starts April 17, using any Unwind Yarn Company yarn and any of the 3 TN Twister patterns (hat, cowl, socks). We are not actually hosting this one, but you can officially join in over on the CaffeinatedKnitting group on Rav. There will be drawings for prizes for those who finish objects during the KAL!
– Dana has started two databases, one for potential sample knitters and one to try to decide what to dye for SSK. You can find the signup for sample knitters here, and the SSK survey here. Both are completely confidential, and neither obligate you to either buy anything (in the case of the SSK survey) or commit to sample knitting (sample knitter database). Thanks so much for your help!!
– Thank you SO MUCH to FiberAddiction for sponsoring us!