Episode 61: Back from Maryland
Thank you for joining us for episode 61 of Just One More Row! This episode is sponsored by Gynx Yarns.
Gynx Yarns specializes in gorgeous hand dyed yarns on a variety of bases and weights. Whether you love our highly variegated colorways, self striping, or prefer a more semi solid look, Gynx Yarns has something for everyone. Visit Gynx Yarns today to find the perfect yarn for your next project.
You can find Gynx Yarns at Gynx.etsy.com
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:Dana: Wanda Nell (finished the body!), Every Last Yard, Residual Boulders Hitchhiker, Teeny Bikini merino, Loop bump “Crown Jewels” singles
Brittany: Buttonhead Hat out of UYC handspun!, MDSW Stripey Socks (Friday Studios, “Lumberjack”), Candy Stripe Raglan, Cormo- 4 oz
Maryland Sheep and Wool Recap:
Dana: 2 braids “Captain Tightpants” on Pol/Silk and 2 braids “The Verse” on superwash merino and 2 batts from Into The Whirled, 1 Loop bump, 2 skeins Socks That Rock, 2 sets of Hobbledehoy batts & 1 set of Battlings, mug from Greenbridge Pottery, 2 skeins Verdant Gryphon Traveller in Rathcroghan, London Underground book, Bosworth mini in red cedar, cormo pindrafted roving, Signature circ and extra dpn, earrings and buttons from Jennie the Potter
Brittany: 1 braid Cpt Tightpants in Pol/Silk from Into the Whirled, 2 Loop bump (possible destash: Salty Rose), 2 skeins Socks That Rock, 1 skein Marigold Jen, 1 skein Neighborhood Fiber Co
Review: London Underground by Toby Roxane Designs (purchase the book on Ravelry for $24)
* 7 shawl patterns in total, which makes the patterns roughly $3.50 each- a great deal!
* uses several different weights of yarn
* JOMR and Knitabulls are doing a joint KAL for stripey socks! Knitabulls’ will end at the end of June, but ours will continue til the end of July- perfect for you to knit multiple pairs! There will be prizes at the end as well. KAL starts June 1, so be sure to pick up some stripey yarn from one of our favorite self-striping dyers so you’re ready to go! (You can find a list of self-striping dyers in this thread on our group.)
* Sarah of Another Crafty Girl and Dana of Unwind Yarn Company invite you to participate in our first 2 Crafty Girls Club KAL/CAL! The KAL/CAL will run from May 1- July 20, and you can knit or crochet any pattern you wish. The only catch is, you have to use one of the 2CG club yarns for your project. You can find all of the details about the KAL/CAL in the 2 Crafty Girls Ravelry group here.
* We have 2 contests this month! The first one is for our wonderful sponsor, Gynx Yarns. Laura from Gynx Yarns would like you guys to answer a question: What colors are out of your comfort zone? Please answer this question in the thread titled “Episode 61: Gynx Yarn Contest”, and the winner will be drawn by RNG. You have until midnight CT on 5/29 to enter the contest. The winner will win a skein of Gynx Yarns Single Merino in Totoro #2. Good luck!
* The second contest this month is sponsored by Toby Roxane Designs. We would like for you guys to take a look at the London Underground eBook, and tell us: what is your favorite pattern in the book, and why? Please answer this question in the thread titled “Episode 61: London Underground Contest”, and the winner will be drawn by RNG. You have until midnight CT on 5/29 to enter the contest. The winner will get a copy of the London Underground eBook. Good luck!!