Episode 62: Britt-zilla
Thank you for joining us for episode 62 of Just One More Row! For the month of June, we are sponsored by KirbyWirby Yarns.
In this episode, we discuss what’s on our needles and bobbins, FO’s, what new in our queues, If I Was A Rich Girl, a review, and some announcements, including the start of our Self Striping KAL! Thanks for listening!
All of Cherie aka Kirbywirby’s “HomeBrewed” yarns are dyed right in her kitchen especially for a knitter, by a knitter. She enjoys this new part of her knitting addiction and her favorite part is sending yarns to other knitters because it is so very exciting to receive yarn in your mailbox. Although her main focus is self striping yarns, she also does handpaints and now handpainted/self striping hybrids! She’s having a ” ball ” doing this and hopes everyone can find something they like. If not, message her on Etsy and she can do a custom order just for you!
Kirbywirby Yarns will be having a special update on June 8 at 8pmET. Be sure to check it out on time, because her yarns sell out fast!
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Every Last Yard, Residual Boulders Hitchhiker, casting on KirbyWirby socks for KAL out of “Winnie”, CHF “Pegasus Lane” Merino/Silk on HH, Nest Falkland on Suzie
Brittany: Candy Stripe Raglan, Cormo- 4 oz, going to cast on Kirby Wirby socks for KAL
Dana: Drizzle, Teeny Bikini 2ply (294yds sportweight), FiberAddiction 3ply (92yds and is a prize for our KAL!)
Brittany: Buttonhead Hat, MDSW Stripey Socks (Friday Studios, “Lumberjack”)
New in the Queue:
Dana: Jackson Creek Cardigan by Glenna C ($7 Rav download or $20 for entire eBook- Urban Collection Vol II)
Brittany: Skeleton Key Slouchie Tam ($4 Rav download) part of a bigger ebook, “Mirror, Mirror: An Enchanting Collection of Matching Hats and Fingerless Gloves to Knit” ($15 for eBook download)
* JOMR, Knitabulls, and PenguinSoup are doing a joint KAL for stripey socks! Knitabulls’ and PenguinSoup’s KALs will end at the end of June, but ours will continue til the end of July- perfect for you to knit multiple pairs! There will be prizes at the end as well. KAL starts June 1, so be sure to pick up some stripey yarn from one of our favorite self-striping dyers so you’re ready to go! (You can find a list of self-striping dyers in this thread on our group.) Some rules for ours:
– self-striping yarn ONLY. If you have to ask, it probably won’t count.
– adult-sized socks only. No mitts, no sweaters, etc. We want to use this KAL to celebrate socks!
* We have 2 contests to draw for from last month! The first one is for our sponsor for May, Gynx Yarns. Laura from Gynx Yarns had you guys answer a question: What colors are out of your comfort zone? The winner is: #127 (2-138) straightfork! Congrats, and please contact Dana!
* The second contest we need to draw for is the London Underground eBook contest, sponsored by Toby Roxane Designs. You told us: what is your favorite pattern in the book, and why? The winner is: #110 (2-118) LuciaKnits! Congrats, and please contact Dana!
* We would like to thank the prize sponsors for our KAL, KirbyWirby Yarns, Lollipop Yarns, and MelTran Designs!
* MelTran Designs is offering JOMR listeners a 15% discount on any of her patterns! The coupon code is JUSTONEMOREROW15 and is good through the end of June.