Episode 64: Finished Sweaters!
Thank you for joining us for episode 64 of Just One More Row! For the month of July, we are proud to be sponsored by Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks.
Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks is an online yarn shop located in the beautiful Tennessee Valley. Drop in and check out our FUN and SASSY self striping yarns for summer and enjoy 15% off of your purchase using the coupon code mentioned in the episode!
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Residual Boulders Hitchhiker, Winnie Socks, Ugly Socks of Randomness, Moonshine Fiber Co. Amazeballs on Suzie, Edgewood Garden Studios “Juliet’s Tomb” BFL on Suzie, Nest Fiber Studios “Nestlets” on Hansen
Brittany: Fall Break, Free & Easy Stripey Socks, Knitabulls Into The Whirled Spinalong “Lavinia”
Dana: Old Man & The Sea (mentions Leslie Wind cardigan tab pins), Fall Break (mentions Cabling Without A Cable Needle by Wendy Johnson), Nest Falkland “Kismet” (282yds), Into The Whirled Odds & Ends 2ply (614yds), Into The Whirled “Lavinia” 2ply (360yds)
Brittany: Shawl Collared Sweater
If I Was A Rich Girl:
Dana: Marimo Ball Aqua Terrarium from The Zen Succulent on Etsy (office decor and cute besides!) – mentions the Yarnraising podcast with Malia (rhymeswithmaria on Ravelry)
Brittany: “Just One More Row” mug from Rising Sun Earthworks pottery. Suggested by listener mama2LilynDevin in the Tempt Us thread. (thanks to everyone who has participated in that so far!)
Review: Ashore, With Friends by Cecily Glowik MacDonald and friends ($28 Ravelry download)
Brittany’s favorite: Vinita
Dana’s favorite: Fallon
* 15 patterns in book, all available for individual sale or as an eBook
* The self-striping KAL is going great! Don’t worry if you haven’t started yet… you have until the end of July to submit your FO to be entered to win a prize! Again, here are the rules:
– self-striping yarn ONLY. if you have to ask, it probably won’t count.
– adult-sized socks only. no mitts, no sweaters, etc. we want to celebrate socks!
* Thanks to those of you who have left iTunes reviews since we last mentioned it! If you haven’t left one yet, we’d really appreciate it if you would. It helps us pop up in searches for knitting podcasts! Thank you!