Episode 71: Contest-o-rama
Thanks for joining us for Episode 71 of JOMR! This month we’re proud to be sponsored by Unwind Yarn Company.
Unwind Yarn Company has always prided itself on fantastic customer service, a great product, and reasonable prices. We are proud to announce that we are continuing that tradition at our new storefront, unwindyarncompany.com! It is now easier than ever to shop your favorite colorways, yarn and fiber bases, and place custom orders for sweater quantities of yarn or fiber. Dying to see our products in person? Be sure to stop by booth #13 in the sales barn at the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair and “squish the pretties” to your heart’s content!
On The Needles/Bobbins/Spindles:
Dana: Que Sera,Ironwork Mitts , (mentions Selbu Modern), SABLE Scowl, Highland Handmades Mixed BFL in “I Don’t Know Babe” on the Hansen, nothing on the Suzie
Brittany: Southmoor Hat, Halloween Stripey Socks, ITW BFL “Don’t Blink” almost done
If I Was A Rich Girl: SAFF Edition!
Dana: I want some woolen prep fiber so I can practice my long draw. I also want goat’s milk fudge (a given!), I want to look for buttons, maybe a sweater quantity of something special if I can find something I like.
Brittany: Not very “goal oriented” this SAFF, I just want to look and see what catches my eye.
Review: Stitch Dictionary: 9-stitches.com
* a searchable stitch dictionary.
* There are currently about 50 sts up there with a stitch posting every day. Charts and flat knitting instructions are available for free for about 2/3rds of them, and with a subscription, users get access to the remaining sts, plus in the round instructions for all sts.
* Want to win a subscription? Answer the question in the episode! All of our normal contest rules apply.
* We will be having a meetup at SAFF in the Unwind Yarn Company booth (#13 in the sales barn) from 12:30-1:15 on Saturday. Any other podcasters who would like to participate are welcome to come! We will have podcast buttons available at the meetup only (we only have a few left).
* Cascadia contest results: 83 can’t win, not a member. Winner is 14, nevermore! Congrats!
* Contest for a JOMR project bag from Tangerine Designs: please answer the question in the episode. Winner will be picked via RNG. Contest runs from this episode going up through October 29 at midnight CT. You must be a member of the group to win, and Rav comments only please. One comment per person, and be sure to answer the question.
* 9-Stitches Giveaway: 9-stitches.com membership for 6 months.
* Special Review Episode at the end of the month! If you’re an indie, craft knitting/spinning supplies, or a publisher, please let us know if you want us to review something! We’ll be doing it between the first and second episodes in November.