Episode 73: Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Thank you for joining us for episode 73 of JOMR! For the month of November we are proud to be sponsored by Gourmet Stash.
Are you a new or advanced spinner? Always on the hunt for luxury fiber blends and interesting fiber preps? Well search no more! Gourmet Stash is an online fiber arts shop specializing in punis, batts, and Spin2Knit kits! We have a love of color and luxury fibers that we blend to make each spinning experience truly decadent. Stop by our shop and see what new fiber delicacies are being created every week at www.gourmetstash.com.
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana: Lady Marple for NaKniSweMo, Boundless Cape, Seamless Salomas Slippers (aka CHRISTMAS FOR EVERYONE!), Come In From The Cold coasters (Christmas), Bad Oyster
Brittany: Sockhead hat, Southmoor Hat, handspun socks, microbatts on Deerfield spindle
* Gourmet Stash giveaway: 1 4oz braid of roving in the JOMR colorway– (blues, greens and purples) The winner can choose the base…BFL/Silk, Merino/Yak/Silk or Superfine Merino. Kate will be mailing this out herself and is happy to ship internationally. For the contest, mention your favorite spinning technique or favorite prep, OR mention what techniques you’d like to try or practice at! Only open to JOMR group members, Rav thread only, one entry per person, no chatter, closes Nov 28 at midnight ET. You can also pick up some of the JOMR colorway in Kate’s shop update on Sunday/Monday. Check it out at gourmetstash.com!
* Not only is this our three year podiversary, but we hit 1500 members in the Ravelry group! We will each donate an ebook/pattern of the winner’s choice, up to a $10 value, and thanks to a generous listener (who requested to be nameless) a third winner can pick a colorway for a custom skein of Journey Sock yarn from Dana’s shop!
Winner 1: eBook or pattern 1411 aclare (Anna from Martinez, CA!)
Winner 2: eBook or pattern 1351 nodice (Jill from Los Angeles, CA!)
Winner 3: custom skein of Journey Sock 1281 Frenny (Jeni from Chelmsford, Essex, UK!)
* Dana is having a really big sale from 12:01AM on Black Friday (11/29) til 11:59PM on Cyber Monday (12/2)! Use coupon code TURKEY13 to save 15% off your entire order! (and you can use this one on items that are already marked down AND preorders of sweater quantities!) Visit her shop at unwindyarncompany.com.
Into The Wool News/Announcements:
The retreat is almost full! We have 17 spots left as of recording, so if you’re on the fence you might want to go ahead and make a decision. We also want to go over a few things with you that have come up a lot since we announced the signups.
* The comment we made about not holding a spot without payment was not intended for those who were signing up prior to Dec 15 and paying their deposit. We do have to have your deposit by December 15 or your spot will be given to someone else. BUT, if you sign up prior to that and are waiting on the mail to deliver us your check, we aren’t going to give your spot away in the amount of time it takes for your check to get here. We just didn’t want someone signing up just to hold a spot in case they decide to come, and NEVER paying their deposit.
* If you have questions for us, please either ask them in the FAQ thread or email us through the retreat email, firstname.lastname@example.org. (this includes inquiries about the address to send the check, roommate assignments, and questions about the camp/activites we have planned) We ask that you please not send us Ravelry PMs about this retreat. All three of us are really busy, and Ravelry PMs tend to slip through the cracks. Whereas, if you email us, we all three have access to the email account (unlike Rav PMs which only go to one person) and you stand a much better chance of getting a timely response via email. Thank you for understanding this!!
* There are several threads that have been started that involve carpooling, airport pickups by people who are passing by, etc. and we highly encourage those of you that are travelling in via airplane or from a distance by car to take advantage of this opportunity. You can save a little money this way! (and our vendor market is going to be AWESOME so you’ll need it!)
* Please feel free to start some “getting to know you” threads on the group, and participate in the ones that are already there! We love to see you guys interacting and getting to know each other before the retreat.
* Got an idea for a KAL? We’d love to hear it!