Episode 77: Low Stasher to WHOA Stasher
Thank you for joining us for episode 77 of JOMR! This month we are proud to be sponsored by Bird Leg Bags.
Birdlegbags.com is the place to go when shopping for zippered project bags. Bird Leg Bags is a family business owned and operated by Vickie and Danny Knestaut from their home in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania. Bird Leg Bags specializes in superior construction, a broad variety of bag sizes and styles, and an attention to detail honed by Vickie’s many years of seamstress and customer service experience. Every bag features top-stitched and reinforced zippers, heavyweight interfacing, high quality fabrics in fun designs, and hand-beaded zipper pulls. When you need a bag that’s made to last, you need a bag from Bird Leg Bags!
Dana: Ugly Socks of Randomness, Punta 2ply handspun (191yds from 2oz!), Perendale 2ply handspun (132yds)
Brittany: Sleigh Ride christmas socks, Don’t Blink socks (thought this yarn was older than it was! Oops!) Southmoor Hat
Christmas 2013: Our Presents!
Dana: ChiaoGoo Twist Red Lace Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set , Knit to Flatter, Kelbourne Woolens Volume 1, Beyond Toes: Knitting Adventures With Judy’s Magic Cast-On, Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Double Pointed 5-inch Sock Set, Matryoshka cross stitch from B, cabled candleholders from B, yarn ball ornament from B
Brittany: Nest Fiber Studio Nestlets from D, sock yarn minis from D, fox external speaker from D, Russian Blue stripey socks from D, Harry Potter needleminder from D
Stash Stories: Fiber Events
We discuss our first fiber events, which ones we’ve been to, and our fiber event travel wish list.
* Clean Slate Challenge reminders:
– you MUST put pictures in the thread or those entries won’t count. Sorry, but there is no way for us to verify that you’ve finished things if you don’t photograph them.
– please add up your own yardage. We have a LOT of participants and can’t do that for you because it’ll take up a lot of time.
– be sure to put your FOs in the FO thread, even if you put it in the chatter thread. It won’t count unless it is in your post in the chatter thread.
* Bird Leg Bags contest: What is your favorite style of Bird Leg Bag? Feel free to check the sold items to see all of the varieties that Vickie makes. We will have a contest thread open in the Ravlery group through 1/29/14 for you to enter. As always, our contest rules: must be a member of the group, one entry per person, answer the question.
* Bird Leg Bags is giving JOMR listeners an exclusive coupon code for January! Be sure to listen to the episode to get the code! Their next shop update is 1/16/14 at 7pmET.
Into The Wool Retreat Announcements:
* If you haven’t been over to the group lately, be sure to make a visit! We’re having a KAL for the retreat called “Woodsy”- anything forest, camping, or outdoor-related counts! You can also double-dip with any other KAL, including our CSC if your yarn or fiber meets our criteria. 🙂