Episode 86: It Will Be Mine.
Thank you for joining us for episode 86 of Just One More Row! For the month of June we are proud to be sponsored by Two If By Hand.
Two If By Hand is the dynamic dyeing duo of Ceylan (pronounced JAY-lon) and Mayte (pronounced MY-tay) located in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX. We are an indie company dedicated to creating beautiful high-quality yarn and fiber. We find inspiration from pop culture, anything from books and movies like Harry Potter and Hunger Games, to TV shows like Big Bang Theory and Friends, to music from many genres. We are currently taking sign-ups for our monthly themed and gradient clubs through June 20th. Enjoy a monthly surprise! You can also join us in our Ravelry group, where we have quarterly challenges with the chance to win prizes, and where you can share your spins and knits and chat with fellow Two if by Hand lovers. Through the month of June, use the coupon code mentioned in the episode at our website at www.twoifbyhand.bigcartel.com for a 10% discount on all yarn and fiber in the shop (discount does not apply to club subscriptions). Two if by Hand – yarn and fiber that loves you back!
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana:Viajante, Rainbow Cowl, Elder Tree Shawlette, Mikado Cowl, Ragg socks, SRR “Olivia” rambouillet on Hansen
Brittany: Aranami Shawl , Baby Girl in Red, Chevron Baby Blanket, Fat Cat Knits fiber in Magnolia.
Stash Stories: Into the Wool recap
– Everything went great! We had a blast and so did everyone there.
– We want to thank our sponsors and vendors again for all of their generosity, and we also want to remind the attendees to use their coupon codes before they expire!
– the dates for 2015 are September 3-6. Please see the Ravelry group for more details.
– if you attended, please fill out the survey linked on the Ravelry group to give us feedback! We appreciate your (kind) remarks!
– Keep an eye on our Instagram accounts for a chance to win some special goodies from the retreat! (blaine830 and DanaOfUnwind)
– We want to do some giveaways for whole goodie bags as well as small prize packs of goodies from the retreat. There will be one thread where you can enter to win a whole goodie bag (2 available) and another thread where you can enter to win the smaller prize packs. The rules are:
1. if you attended you cannot enter to win, no exceptions.
2. one entry per person per thread.
3. if you win one prize, you cannot win a second one.
4. if you win a prize in one of these drawings, you cannot win on our Instagram drawings that will take place later in the month.
5. we will draw for the big ones first, and then the little ones.
6. you must a member of the group to win.
7. only entries in the contest threads will enter you to win (NO BLOG COMMENTS OR PMs)
8. We will be closing both threads June 9 noon CT and drawing June 10 noon CT. We will be emailing you and need to hear back within 24 hours or we will redraw (some coupons expire 6/15).
* Dragonfly Fibers contest: Winner: 13. CreativeLady1 (Betty from Arkansas)
* Dana’s Trunk Show at Bliss Yarns! June 5 from 5-8 at Bliss Yarns in Nashville TN. Please come out to support Unwind Yarn Company!
* Thank you so much to Two If By Hand for sponsoring, and don’t forget about their coupon code!!
* Christmas in July KAL:
– will run from July 1 – August 31
– we will draw for prizes on a special KAL/prize episode at the beginning of September- you have until September 2 to get your pictures up
– each person gets one FO post.
– there will be a chatter thread for you to talk about your projects that you want to make before we start, and to discuss your progress once we get going.
– you can count any project that will either be a gift, or is Christmas themed.
– only new projects, WIPs do not count, but you can use whatever crafting method you can devise.
– we will draw for prizes based on the total number of FO posts, not on the total number of FOs per person (we want to keep this simple!)
– if anyone would like to donate a prize, please contact us!
* we aren’t popping up in iTunes searches as easily because nobody has reviewed us in a while. If you haven’t given us a positive review, could you please go do that? We would really appreciate it! 🙂