Episode 87: Harebrained
Thank you for joining us for episode 87 of Just One More Row! For the month of June we are proud to be sponsored by Two If By Hand.
Two If By Hand is the dynamic dyeing duo of Ceylan and Mayte located in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX. We are an indie company dedicated to creating beautiful high-quality yarn and fiber. We find inspiration from pop culture, anything from books and movies like Harry Potter and Hunger Games, to TV shows like Big Bang Theory and Friends, to music from many genres. We are currently taking sign-ups for our monthly themed and gradient clubs through June 20th. Enjoy a monthly surprise! You can also join us in our Ravelry group, where we have quarterly challenges with the chance to win prizes, and where you can share your spins and knits and chat with fellow Two if by Hand lovers. Through the month of June, use coupon code mentioned in the episode at our website atwww.twoifbyhand.bigcartel.com for a 10% discount on all yarn and fiber in the shop (discount does not apply to club subscriptions). Two if by Hand – yarn and fiber that loves you back!
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana:Ragg socks, not-quite-a-Rainbow Cowl, Evergreen Cardigan, Vorticity Socks, Mountain Colors BFL singles on Suzie, SRR Olivia Rambouillet on Hansen (both are resting before I navajo ply them)
Brittany:Chevron Baby Blanket, Fat Cat Knits fiber in Magnolia.
Stash Stories: Christmas In July CAL:
– knit the DVD 12 Days of Christmas kit
– knit Mom the Modicum mitts out of one of my JBW Tea Cakes kits
– knit another Rainbow Cowl out of some self striping for a gift for Chris’s cousin
– knit ORNAMENTS! because I always say I’m going to and then forget to start them til Dec 20!
– knit EVERYTHING out of stash
– knit DVD 12 Days of Christmas (12 Days of Christmas thread in DVD group, incredible mittens)
– knit socks for Mom
– knit elf hat for baby
– finish stocking (maybe start a new one?)
And a reminder of the rules: Christmas in July CAL:
– will run from July 1 – August 31
– we will draw for prizes on a special KAL/prize episode at the beginning of September- you have until September 2 to get your pictures up
– each person gets one FO post.
– there is a chatter thread for you to talk about your projects that you want to make before we start, and to discuss your progress once we get going.
– you can count any project that will either be a gift, or is Christmas themed.
– only new projects, WIPs do not count, but you can use whatever crafting method you can devise.
– we will draw for prizes based on the total number of FO posts, not on the total number of FOs per person (we want to keep this simple!)
– if anyone would like to donate a prize, please contact us!
* Two If By Hand contest: please follow the prompt we outlined in the episode. The prize is a gorgeous skein of MCN sock yarn in the Girl On Fire colorway. You have until 6/28 at noon CT to enter. Our regular contest rules apply. Good luck!
* Dana’s Trunk Show at Bliss Yarns went SO well- thank you to everyone who came!
* Stay tuned to our Instagram accounts (blaine830 and Dana_Of_Unwind) for our second Into The Wool goodie bag giveaway! They will go up later this month. (and in order to follow Dana OR Brittany you have to have spinning or knitting in your profile, or your Ravelry name! if you don’t, please email us through Ravelry first and tell us your username.)
* Thank you so much to Two If By Hand for sponsoring, and don’t forget about their coupon code!!
* We appreciate all of you who left us iTunes reviews! And thanks so much for the donation, to the person who gave us one. We appreciate it very much. 🙂