Episode 96: The Snowball Melted! :(
Thank you for tuning in to episode 96 of Just One More Row!
Out & About: Fiber In The Boro 2014
Thanks so much to everyone who came out to support not only me but all of the other vendors there! The podcaster meetup was fun, and it was great to get hugs and friendly chats with so many of you!
- from TalesOfYarn: how did I get into dyeing? how do I feel I’ve evolved as a dyer? been dyeing since 2006 when I couldn’t find a color I liked, and friends encouraged me to start selling my yarns on Etsy. I went full time in 2011 when my husband and I got engaged. My colors are much more sophisticated now (and more repeatable now that I actually write down formulas!). I’m also a lot more fearless about mixing colors that “shouldn’t go together”, and with chemically breaking dyes down into their component parts to get different color effects. I’m also experimenting with new to me dye techniques to expand my repertoire.
- from lspearl and TeriChesser: heels for toe up and cuff down socks? My heel of choice for both is the short row garter stitch heel, because it fits me best. I’ve wanted to try the fish lips kiss, but since I blow through heels that don’t have texture, I don’t know if it’s a good choice for me. I do a faux-garter afterthought heel when I do stripey socks too (purl every other row).
- from Fromage: souvenir yarn? I tend to purchase souvenir yarn if I have a chance… but it just hangs out in my stash because I hate to use it up! I have some sock yarn from my last beach trip (it’s tweed and I even have a pattern for it! oops!), and some sock yarn I bought on my honeymoon that I haven’t used yet. What I look for in souvenir yarn: what I can’t find locally to me or easily online… bonus points if it’s a dyer that’s local to that shop!
- Daniela of Caffeinated Knitting and I will be doing a special review episode for the second episode of the month.
- We will be doing the Clean Slate Challenge again starting on January 1 and going through February 28. Be thinking about what you want to work on! We will clarify the rules on an upcoming episode. We are also taking prize donations, so if you’re interested please email us!
- Into the Wool vendor applications are now being taken through 11/22! There is information about vending on this thread in the Into the Wool group. We hope you’ll consider applying if you’re an indie, bagmaker, notions maker, spindle maker, etc.!
- Unwind & Little Skein have teamed up to bring you a reimagined kit with Susan Claudino’s Snowball Buddies! 6 brand new Unwind colorways, a bag and notions from Little Skein, and a limited edition re-release of Snowball Buddies will be in this adorable kit! Look for it in late November. I’ll announce it again when we have a specific release date. Follow us on Instagram to see previews: @annielightknits @noknitsherlock @dana_of_unwind
- Unwind Yarn Company’s Thanksgiving sale starts at midnight ET on Thanksgiving night and goes through midnight ET on Cyber Monday (11/27-12/1). Use coupon code TURKEY2014 to save 15% off your purchase! (sale items, Kookaburra, and kits are excluded). Also, Halloween items have been marked down in the shop right now!