Episode 98: Feathering My Nest With Yarn
Thank you for joining us for episode 98! Be sure to comment about your year-in-review in the Ravelry group thread for the episode! 🙂
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana: Layer Cake, Bad Amy socks, Christmas Cowl, “Cheerful Disposition” BFL from Three Waters Farm on Hansen, nothing on Suzie at the moment
Brittany: Sesame Street Socks, Yowza Weigh It Shawl in Miss Babs “Fairy Ring”, Christmas Socks, started spinning “Merry Fallmas” from Unwind Yarn Co.
End of the Year Wrap Up:
From the first episode of the year:
2014 Goals- “Mindfulness”
Dana: Be more mindful and plan ahead
– only have 10 WIPs or less at the end of 2014 (never gonna happen. probably ever.)
– finish 14 pairs of socks (8 ½ done- I’m on the failboat!)
– knit more with my own yarn, both commercial handdyed and handspun (DEFINITELY did this)
– knit 12 projects from my current library of books (try for one per month) and only buy books that I want to knit 3/4 of what’s in them. (did about 5. that’s not too bad. and I bought ONE book.)
– support new-to-me businesses (definitely did this! bought from a bunch of new and new-to-me dyers in particular)
– Stop knitting mindless stockinette just because you don’t have to think about it.
– be more monogamous
– bigger projects
– focus on older stash
* Clean Slate Challenge begins on 1/1/15 and goes through 2/28/15. Hashtag for Instagram is #cleanslatechallenge15, tag for Ravelry is cleanslatechallenge15.
* Dana’s shower thread is here.
* Dana’s shop announcements… listen to the episode for details about changes coming to Unwind!!