Episode 99: I’m Not Getting Rid Of You!
Thank you for joining us for episode 99 and for all of the support you’ve given both of us this year! For the month of January we are proud to be sponsored by Desert Vista Dyeworks.
Expand Your View of Hand Dyed Yarn at Desert Vista Dyeworks! So many exciting things are happening for 2015!!!!! The yearly colorway theme is focused on the decades of the past century. Each month six new colorways in self striping, variegated and ColorBlock yarns are created based on the inspirations shared by the members of our Ravelry Group. Desert Vista Dyeworks is the home for all of the Zombody Colorways. You never know when there will be a newly inspired self striping Zombody! Join us this year for our Officially Unofficial Desert Vista Dyeworks Monthly Sock Club. Information for all upcoming events, sales, and new colorways are posted on Instagram, Facebook, and the Ravelry Group. Expand Your View, Today!!!
From January 1- February 7, JOMR listeners save 20% off their order by using the coupon code mentioned in the episode.
New In The Queue:
Dana: Herrington by Jill Zielinski ($6 Ravelry download), Bluebird of Happiness by Sara Elizabeth Kellner (free)
Brittany: DeConstructed Cowl by Amanda A Davidson ($6 Ravelry download)
- knit a total of 7 sweaters for Madelyn before she gets here
- make up “project club” kits: yarn (or a note of what yarn to buy for a project), pattern notes, plus needles into a project bag and pick one per month (or pick a new one whenever I finish one)
- try to keep ahead on gift knits: socks for Chris and Mom, etc.
- attempt to keep to a “two out, one in” buying plan with yarn- I don’t want to deny myself treats, but I do need to work through some stash!
- replace old knitting needles as I can afford to with better ones (ie. get rid of Brittany dpns and replace with Karbonz since the Brittanys are starting to splinter)
- shop at my LYS first before buying online if I can, especially for commercial yarns.
- Stop worrying about stash- knit what makes me happy!
- Finish or Frog- I’m sick of looking at old wips! Try to take care of one before I can start something new- Sunk Cost Fallacy and how it applies to WIPs
- Make Rolling Rock using oldest stash yarn I own!
- Find other interesting things to do with sock yarn
- Try something new this year
Clean Slate Challenge:
- Rocketry Sweater (casting on 1/1/15)
- Chris’s Rowlf Socks
- Twinkle Twinkle Blanket
- Bad Amy Socks
- In Remembrance Of Micah
- Bad Oyster
- spin up at least 4oz out of stash every 2 weeks for a total of 20oz out of stash during the CSC, hoping for between 1500-1800 yards of yarn.
- Stocking- frog? reknit with snowflake motif?
- Aranami Shawl
- Sesame Street socks
- Clean Slate Challenge begins 1/1/15 and goes through 2/28/15. Details are on both the FO thread and the Chatter thread. The Chatter thread is already open for you to chat in, but the FO thread won’t be unlocked until sometime on 1/1/15. Please be sure to read the rules (posted in the header of either thread) to be sure that your entries will count for prizes.
- We have a few prizes donated for the CSC but if you’re interested in donating one, please email us at email@example.com!
- Signups for Into The Wool 2015 (9/3-9/6/2015) will open on 2/1/15 at 3pmET. The link to the signup form will be posted in a brand new thread in the Into The Wool Ravelry group.
- Thanks so much to Susan of Desert Vista Dyeworks for sponsoring!!