Episode 103: Knitting All Fancy
Thank you for joining us for episode 103 of Just One More Row. For the month of March, we are sponsored by Unwind Yarn Company.
Unwind Yarn Company continually endeavors to bring you the best quality yarn for a reasonable price. Our yarns run the gamut from utilitarian basic yarns to luxurious blends with cashmere and silk. We strive to let our commitment to color, quality, and excellent customer service shine through every interaction you have with our shop. After all, you deserve the best, so don’t you deserve to Unwind?
For the month of March 2015, Just One More Row listeners can take 10% off their purchase of any coupon-eligible items by entering the coupon code mentioned in the episode. Coupon code expires at midnight ET on 3/31/15.
Dana: Fleetwood Mac socks, Tiny Empress Set, Audrey Hat, Into The Whirled The Cat’s Pyjamas Merino/Bamboo/Silk (219yds nply), unnamed dyer mixed bfl/silk (183yds nply)
Brittany: nothing this time
On The Needles/Bobbins:
Dana: Twinkle Twinkle Blanket, Adama, Noro Log Cabin, ThreeWatersFarm Cheerful Disposition BFL on Hansen (singles done!)
Brittany: Sesame Street socks, Aranami Shawl, Entrechat, spinning Merry Fallmas from UYC 2 ply
(Dana mentions Thousands pattern)
WDYWTHA: “Have you ever tried other styles of holding the yarn to try to knit faster? I knit English and have tried holding the yarn continental but I just can’t manage tensioning the yarn with my fingers.”
- Clean Slate Challenge: all projects must be finished by midnight your time on 2/28, but you have until 5pmCT on 3/5 to update your post in the FO thread before we lock it to draw prizes. We will be announcing the winners on the mid-March episode of the podcast. As we’ve said before, PLEASE be sure your entries follow the rules set forth at the beginning of the FO thread, or you will not be entered to win prizes. Thanks for participating!
- Stitches South- April 23-26. We will be there on the 25th for part of the day, but considering Dana’s advanced state of pregnancy at that point, we won’t be participating in an official meetup. We will have podcast buttons with us though, if you want one and happen to see us!
- Dana’s Baby Shower: April 26. Since Dana will already be in Nashville for her anniversary (and Stitches) we have decided to have her shower at a brunch place on Sunday April 26. Time and exact location to be determined, but everyone is invited if they are going to be in town! Please let us know if you want to come so we can make reservations. If you aren’t able to come, please be sure to mail any gifts you’re making to Brittany by April 15 so they are sure to get to her in time. PM her for her address!
- Dana’s shop news. Amy Christoffers is about to release a new sweater pattern out of Dana’s Wanderlust Worsted yarn on March 17, and Dana’s next shop update is the same day. There will be LOTS of worsted weight sweater quantities available!
- Into The Wool Announcement: we have started our first KAL, “See You In September”! Please check out the Ravelry group for more details about it! Also, please remember that first deposits are due 3/6!