Episode 121: Strange Pop Culture References
Hi, and thank you for joining us for episode 121 of Just One More Row!
Dana: December socks out of Socks That Rock Heavyweight
New In The Queue:
Dana: Poolside by Isabel Kraemer (5.30EUR, about $5.77USD) out of Juniper Moon Farm Findley DK (new SQ!)
Brittany: Boat Trip Cowl by Stitched Together Designs (3.25GBP, about $5.02USD)
Upcoming: Clean Slate Challenge!
Clean Slate Challenge Rules:
- The only hard and fast rule is that it has to be stash yarn or fiber that is at least 3 months old.
- We will have a thread for you to “claim your place” starting January 1, & a chatter thread where all chatter about the CSC should go. You will have one post in the FO thread & will be responsible for updating it with every item or yarn you finish. In order for an entry to count, you MUST photograph it to prove that it’s finished & post the picture on your FO thread post. Other than that, everyone is on the honor system.
- Every 1500yds you knit down or spin out of fiber from stash equals one entry into a drawing for a prize. WIPs count, but the yarn used has to meet the 3-months-old criteria.
- The Challenge will run from January 1- February 28, the FO thread will be locked down on March 5, & the drawing for prizes will be done on the mid-March episode of the podcast.
- Please be sure to add up your own yardage in a cumulative total at the bottom of your post, in bold. We don’t have time to add all of these up for you since we have so many participants. Also, please be sure you are keeping up with your YARDAGE instead of METERAGE. Once again, we won’t have time to do calculations for you to convert meters to yards.
- You can double dip with other podcast KAL/SALs.
- Please tag your projects or yarns with CSC2016 (this tag will also work for Instagram!).
- You have to be a member of this group to win a prize.
And some FAQs from 2014 and 2015:
- Can I count my WIPs? Yes, as long as the yarn used is at least 3 months old.
- Do I count only the yardage that I knit starting January 1 on WIPs, or can I count the whole yardage when it’s finished? Total yardage can be counted.
- If I’m spinning, can I count the singles yardage, or just the plied yardage? Plan to leave the yarn as singles = singles yardage; plan to ply = only plied yardage. It wouldn’t be fair to count the yardage from singles AND plied yarn, since we’re putting entries into a prize drawing for every 1500 yards finished.
- Can we do smaller projects to add up to 1500 yards? Absolutely! You can do that as many times as you like. Each time you hit an additional 1500 you get another entry!
- When knitting with handspun, does it need to have been in the fiber stash for more than three months, or spun up into yarn for more than three months? Since the challenge is about getting rid of stash that has been sitting for a while, knitting with handspun will count as long as it has been spun (finished) yarn for at least 3 months.
- Can I crochet my yardage? Yes.
- Can I weave my yardage? We have decided not to allow weaving since the time commitment isn’t the same as it would be with knitting, spinning, or crochet. Sorry!
- I’m using my yarn doubled. How do I count that? Yardage is yardage. If you’re using two 400yd skeins held together, then you count 800yds.
- I just have finishing work left on a piece; can I count the yardage on the whole piece after I finish? If all the knitting is done prior to the start of the challenge, then no. Sorry.
- I got near the end of my project and realized that I needed more yarn, so I had to buy one extra skein/ball. Can I count the whole yardage? No. Any yarn bought after September 30, 2015 WILL NOT COUNT toward your yardage. You can count the yarn in the project bought before that date, but NOT after. Please be sure the yardage total accurately reflects what yarn you used that counts, & DO NOT put the new yarn’s yardage in!!
- I am knitting a large number of projects that are all the same, and they’re all combined into one project page. I started them before the challenge, but plan to knit more during the challenge. How much of the yardage can I count? Since the projects could potentially be listed as separate project pages, we ask that you only count what you’ve knit during the challenge.
- LittleSkein contest: post 107 GrapesAmongMelons! Congrats!! Contact one of us on Ravelry and we will put you in touch with Anne! Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest!