Episode 123: Magician’s Assistant
Thank you for joining us for episode 123- happy 2016, everyone! Just One More Row Podcast is sponsored by Unwind Yarn Company. You can find Unwind Yarn Company yarns at unwindyarncompany.com.
Just One More Craft:
Dana: Fibery Friends cross stitch sampler from Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, with plans to do The 2016 Pumpkin Passport (Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery) and Blackwork Fun (Seba Designs); finished two Christmas ornaments from Red Gate Stitchery; Mason Dixon Coloring Book For Knitters,
Brittany: Enchanted Forest Postcards, Secret Garden Postcards; Creative Bug Daily Drawing Challenge
- 12 pairs of socks in 2016
- use up some of my kits: Wild Thing, Velveteen Rabbit, Aranami, Prairie Leaf Vest
- use some “collection yarn”- I have several dyers that I tend to collect (but not use) their yarn, so in order to actually use up some of it, I’m doing this: if I have more than 2 skeins from a dyer, and I haven’t knit any of their yarn in the past 12 months, I have to use at least 1 skein of it in 2016.
- finish 8 blanket squares a month for a total of 96 for the year (as long as I reach 96 some way or another, I’m good)
- keep current habit of checking library for a pattern before buying a new one (unless I HAVE to have it…)
- CTA Spin The Bin- 8oz a month
- finish one thing a month- not project, just thing!
- make the time to knit
- be more present with my knitting friends
- A gentle reminder about both 12 in 16 and Clean Slate Challenge- be sure you’re putting your pictures in when you post about finishing something!
- You can double dip with our KALs and others’ too- and there are lots of sock KALs and WIP KALs that have been talked about online lately, so do a search!
- Prize Winners for Ply magazine subscription! HeyJenRay and Marybeth1199- Congrats!