Thank you for joining us for episode 135 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company. Follow the new shop account on Instagram @unwindyarncompany for all of the newest shop info, updates, and colorway sneak peeks!
Just One More Craft:
Dana: sewed roommate gifts (project bags), sewed 2 pairs of pajama pants
Jessica: sewed 2 project bags & made progress keepers
Rhinebeck Recap/New In The Queue:
Dana: Norrland by Sarah Huntington Burch ($6 Twist Collective download), Lisbon by Misa Erder ($7 Ravelry download) out of sweater quantity of Rockwell by Jill Draper Makes Stuff. What I wore at Rhinebeck: Adama on Friday, Trieste Mitts & Enchanted Mesa on Saturday, Baa-ble Hat & Goodale on Sunday.
Brittany: Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Worsted in “Edgewood”, Into The Whirled Pakokku sock (immersion dyed) in “Walla Walla”. What I wore at Rhinebeck: Yowza Weigh-It Shawl on Saturday and Brickless on Sunday.
Jessica: bought Fiber Optic yarn in Vintner’s Reserve & Chincoteague Colors yarn in Sandpiper for an Exploration Station by Stephen West ($6 Ravelry download), super excited about sock yarn from Spun Right Round. What I wore at Rhinebeck: Aidez on Friday, Enchanted Mesa on Saturday, Age of Brass & Steam and Calorimetry on Sunday.
- Thank you to all of our listeners who stopped us and said hi at Rhinebeck! We really enjoyed meeting you.
- Brittany would like to say- “After giving it a lot of thought, I’ve decided to stop podcasting. So, I’m passing the baton onto the wonderful Jess. She’s been a friend to both of us for a long time and I feel great knowing that Just One More Row is going to keep going with two great co-hosts. I’m so grateful for all the wonderful people I’ve met over the years because of podcasting, and for all of our listeners. Thank you.”
- Jess and Dana are planning to start an Ornament KAL on November 1! Please stay tuned to the Ravelry group (and our next episode) to find out more! 🙂
Thank you for joining us for episode 133 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company. Follow the new shop account on Instagram @unwindyarncompany for all of the newest shop info, updates, and colorway sneak peeks!
Dana: 3 Hats For Grammy for ITW KAL 2, August Shortie Socks
Up & Coming:
#formaeganKAL on IG in honor of Maegan Black, the dyer behind Cyborg’s Craft Room that passed away over the weekend. As a former sponsor, we got to know her a little and have been huge fans of her dyework for years. She was a rockstar with color and will be sorely missed in the yarn community. We plan to use some of our yarn to knit something in Maegan’s memory for the KAL and hope you’ll do the same.
Just One More Craft:
Dana: “Hot Dog” Jane top from Children’s Corner pattern, made my first quilt top! (Jelly Roll Race tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Co, website where you can find directions to make a jelly roll quilt of any size)
Brittany: Crybabies podcast
- Dana is vending EastSide Fiber Festival on 9/17 in Nashville! If you’re local, please consider coming out; if you come around lunch you might catch both of us! 🙂
- Into The Wool was a great success and I hope some of you will try to come next year! Dana will be coordinating alone, but with a great team of hostesses that will help run activities and make sure things go smoothly when we get there. The dates are still being finalized but it looks like it will be at the end of September, not Labor Day weekend like it has been the last two years. Be sure to join the Ravelry group to find out details as they’re posted!
Thank you for joining us for episode 130 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company.
Just One More Craft:
Dana: What I’ve sewed: Scout Tee (less than happy with the fit but oh well), tote bags (took Learn To Sew: Simple Bags class on Craftsy), lots of WIP cases for DPN knitters (look for these in the shop!), notions bags, Jane tops (3) for Madelyn, long-sleeved Jane dresses (2) for Madelyn, another pillowcase dress for Madelyn. Lots of things are cut out and just waiting for me to find the time to sew them as well! What I’m reading/listening too: Cold Days from the Dresden Files series (just one more book left- what am I gonna do!), still trundling through How To Be A Tudor.
- 6 months under our belt for 12 in 16, and we still have 82 people in the running toward the yearlong prize! We have some fun stuff to give away to a couple of those 82… all winners please PM Dana with your address so she can get your prize out to you! We need to hear from you by 7/31 or we will have to redraw your prize from the rest of the prize pool.
- Knitcrazykate wins a skein of Lanitium Ex Machina sock yarn!
- Luvmerida wins a notions bag sewn by Dana!
- Knitter-pixie wins a notions bag sewn by Dana!
- fieldwonderful wins a notions bag sewn by Dana!
- outofthisworld wins a notions bag sewn by Dana!
- Unwind Yarn Company shop news: introducing DPN WIP cozies for 5-6” DPNs! These won’t be super-regular in the shop since I don’t want to turn sewing into a full-time job in addition to dyeing yarn (*wink*) so get ‘em while they’re hot! Introductory price of $6 apiece while the first batch lasts, then they’ll go up to $8.
- I’m getting ready to list more new stitched necklaces (including bigger sizes and different shapes!) at Unwind In Stitches! There is still an option to purchase a custom pendant, or you can convo me if you have something in mind you’d like me to make just for you. 🙂
Thank you for joining us for episode 129 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company/Unwind In Stitches and Lanitium Ex Machina. Through June 30, take 10% off your order with the code mentioned in the episode in both their Etsy shop and lanitiumexmachina.com.
Dana: Enchanted Mesa, Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl, Chris’s Father’s Day Socks, Bumble Hat
Brittany: Mom’s Socks, narrowed down my Rhinebeck sweater to Winter Weeds (I’m pretty sure. Need to swatch!)
Just One More Craft:
Dana: sewing like the wind! So far I’ve made a dress from an actual paper pattern, plus mesh bags and a pillowcase dress from Pinterest tutorials. (total rabbit hole there!) The next projects will probably be a set of wet bags. What I’m reading/listening to: Stephanie Plum series on Overdrive, Dresden Files on Audible, still working my way through the How To Be A Tudor book I talked about last time.
Brittany: saw Me Before You, actually enjoyed it a bit more than the book in some ways. Re-reading 11/22/63.
We have our house, our flights, and our rental car! Now we are planning our shopping lists! If you have advice on something we need to buy that we can ONLY get at Rhinebeck, please pop into the thread on Ravelry and tell us!
- Thanks again to Nea from Lanitium Ex Machina for sponsoring this month! You can find her shops on Etsy and at her own site.
- So excited at how many people have stuck with 12 in 16! We are almost 6 months in and have 89 people still in the running! If you’re feeling like it’s turning into a slog please don’t feel obligated to continue; we want this to be fun! You can always pop in on a month when your socks match the prompt, and just enter for that month’s pattern prize.
- Unwind Yarn Company shop news: lots of pretties in the shop right now! Thanks to everyone who ordered the collaboration kit with SuburbanStitcher… I’m so proud that you guys like it so much! I am also planning for a shop update this weekend sometime… follow me on IG to find out when! @dana_of_unwind
- Stitched necklaces are up now at unwindinstitches.etsy.com including some knitting themed ones, and the option to order your own personalized monogram one! To see what I’m up to with my embroidery, check out my new IG account for that shop: @unwind_in_stitches
Thank you for joining us for episode 128 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company and Unwind In Stitches!
Just One More Craft:
Dana: my sewing table will be here 5/16! So excited to finally have a “setup” so I can sew! Reading How To Be A Tudor and the Dresden Files series.
Brittany: reading a lot (Me Before You)
- CSC Winner: we are redrawing for the Fab Funky Fibres set. The winner of that set is now cecileinindiana. Congrats Cecile! Email us with your address so we can ship your yarn!
- Unwind Yarn Company shop news: I’ll be listing a few things this week including some handspun and new sock blanks! I also have a collaboration coming starting June 6 with Suburban Stitcher and you guys do NOT want to miss it!! Also I am currently taking a few limited custom order spots for my remaining fiber stock. The amounts I have left and the process for ordering are in this post.
- I have a new shop- Unwind In Stitches! This shop will focus on embroidery pieces including hoop framed pieces and AWESOME handstitched necklaces! I plan to put up the first few pieces at the end of this week, so I hope you’ll stop by! unwindinstitches.etsy.com New IG account: @unwind_in_stitches
Thank you for joining us for episode 127 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company.
Just One More Craft:
Dana: embroidery kits from MiniatureRhino (“M”, Pisces constellation, “D”, alphabet sampler), with more on order from TamarNahirYanai, freehanded another piece based on “Guess How Much I Love You”. (HercyBercy) Also I got a sewing machine from a friend and am looking forward to starting to learn to sew!
Brittany: just practicing sewing on some 18″ doll clothes!
- CSC Winners: All winners please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us your Ravelry name, and if you won a mailable prize, give us your real name and mailing address. Thanks to everyone for playing along! 🙂
- UYC shop news: I just did an “Old Favorites” update, and there are still a bunch of new skeins in the shop for you to peruse! I did a poll on Instagram about what people wanted to see, and dyed based on that list! Who knows- maybe something you’ve always wanted is in the shop right now!
Thank you for joining us for episode 126 of Just One More Row! This episode is brought to you by Unwind Yarn Company. Stay tuned til our announcements for a special listener-only coupon code!
- CSC Winners: 2 Tangled Skeins bag and dpn holder: ceylangul; Fab Funky Fibres set: ahubbard; KnitSpot pattern donated by a listener: roocmc; set of miniskeins from UYC: grapesamongmelons; choice of $7 pattern: cinderga; choice of $7 pattern: phoenixfire; choice of $7 pattern: lanois; choice of $7 pattern: lspearl; sock blank from UYC donated by a listener: steviebee. All winners please email us at email@example.com and give us your Ravelry name, and if you won a mailable prize, give us your real name and mailing address. Thanks to everyone for playing along! 🙂
- There are still 5 spots available for Into The Wool, as of recording! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re late hearing this and want to come. Don’t miss out on your chance to join us- it’s going to be an incredible weekend of fibery fun!
- UYC shop news: Until March 31 at midnight ET, JOMR listeners can take 15% off any purchase of ready-to-ship items in the shop by entering the coupon code mentioned in the episode at checkout. (sorry about not being able to use it on custom orders, but you understand!)